[RP TownTalk] Balto. Artwork

Edwin Roth rotheroa at verizon.net
Wed Sep 12 14:04:58 UTC 2007

Hello again,

Kennedy Smith, as per Marc's email, will have some ideas on to proceed
with getting art into windows.  It seems to be a common practice around
the country, for trying to revitalize or gain interest into said area.
  She is most likely well versed into doing such a venture.

To proceed with something like this, I think the following would have
to be addressed

1) Address Economic Development Committee and see how they stand with
this idea

2) Find out the contacts within the Jemal Douglas group, that
discussions could start- and what the town's history has been with
communication with the group

3) Find out if Jemal Douglas Group is interested and what they would
need in place for something like this to happen
	A) Do they need insurance for such a venture, or would they be willing
to take it on?
		1) If they want us to provide insurance, how would that work?
	B) Would they conceed to having the paint removed from the windows, so
that art could be displayed? Would they cover that cost?
	C) Is their interior lighting, so that work could be displayed in the
evening, who would pay the electrical bill?
	D) Would they have a time frame or limit to such a venture?

4) Locate resources and possible funding from the state of Maryland (
Maryland State Arts Council), and PG Redevelopment Groups that would
donate to such a thing.

5) Enter discussion with groups that have already done such an
endeavor, so to fine tune a plan for this city.

6) Come up with a plan on how and what to show in the windows
	A) Art is very subjective, obviously, the town might want to agree on
what they want seen in their windows or not...
	B) Do we want to include arts groups already in the area - that could
show their art, and perhaps let the outside world what is happening in
and around our neighborhood
		Examples:   University  of Maryland Art Graduate Students, Boys &
Girls Club Art work,  Art work from Riverdale Elementary , Local
Riverdale Artists, Hyattsville Artists
	C) Who would curate what goes up and be responsible for art work  and
dealing with the artists
			(Being responsible for art work is another insurance issue)

Thanks,
Carla