[RP TownTalk] Chickens, voodoo, etc

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 26 15:04:51 UTC 2007

Why not voodoo?  From things I've read in various
articles over the years, voodoo and/or Santaria ARE
practiced in the US, not just in other countries.
Wasn't very long ago that "hexing" and "powwowing"
were practiced among various Pennsylvania Dutch
communities - may still be, for all I know.  The
chickens might just be from cockfights, but - and I
hate to sound "obsessed" by this - if the people who
had the chickens are just disposing of them, why go to
the trouble to wrap them up and put candies, etc., in
each bag with the chickens? And why put the chickens
in the same locations that they've been put in
previous years?  Just wondering.    As for the animal
cruelty aspect of cockfighting, yes, it's disgusting -
I hate to think of any animals being forced to maul
each other so humans can be "entertained."