[RP TownTalk] Fire Dept. incident

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 10:31:57 UTC 2007

I don't know that going to all paid firefighters as
opposed to a combination system as we have now is
necessarily the answer - after all, there's good and
bad people in every group of people you can name.  I
was a volunteer firefighter/EMT for some years and I
always tried to treat the people we treated and/or
transported with respect, as did many of my colleagues
at the fire dept.  Perhaps they should screen new
applicants better or, once they're members of the FD,
give them extensive training on dealing with people,
esp. those w/ special needs, etc?