[RP TownTalk] firehouse behaviour

Nancy Mooney nbmooney1 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 22:01:07 UTC 2007

I'm very sorry to hear what others experienced from our local fire house.  I felt I had to write in with a different view.  I've called them several times to help with a friend who was living with me and is terminal.  She is over 6' and 230 #.  They were very gracious and kind every time.  They carried her up and down steps and made it look easy.  when her condition got to the point that she needed to go to the hospital they came promptly and not once did anyone say or do anything inappropriate.  They were kind and encouraging.  The fire chief was trying to move things along quickly.  Unfortunately not quickly enough.  The PG EMTs got there and things came to a halt.  The PG EMT said my friend's lungs sounded clear and they didn't see a need for her to be taken in.  Eventually reason prevailed and they reluctantly took her.  My friend had pneumonia!  So much for her lungs being clear!  If our chief had had his way she would have been to the hospital an hour earlier - so,
 thanks RFD.