[RP TownTalk] From the President and Chief of the Riverdale Fire Department

lamphs at aol.com lamphs at aol.com
Fri Sep 28 01:52:43 UTC 2007

The availability of “Town Talk” was recently brought to my attention.  And as President, and on behalf of the Chief, of the Riverdale Fire Department, I wanted to take the opportunity to make a post.  The incident in question was a stupid action undertaken by two, otherwise very good active, firefighters/EMTs.  The incident was a result of simply horseplay.  Suffice it to say that this matter was dealt with swiftly and harshly.  Being a personnel matter, I can not go into more detail.  I want to emphasize that this action is NOT reflective of the entire membership of the Riverdale Fire Department.  These members are proud to serve your community.  Statistics show that Riverdale has one of the most active volunteer memberships in the County and we save the taxpayers tens of thousands of dollars per year.

The less than positive comments on Town Talk are of great concern to me.  If any of you believe that you have not received professional service from YOUR fire department, please contact me.  I am best reached via lamphs at aol.com.  Likewise, I would like to hear positive stories also so that I can give credit where credit is due.

The Department is truly sorry that the community has been subjected to this publicity. The Department is very appreciative of the town’s support over the years.  We look forward to seeing each of you at the upcoming Riverdale Day event.

Thank you for reading.