[RP TownTalk] TownTalk Digest, Vol 14, Issue 25

Roland Walker walker at pobox.com
Sat Sep 29 19:33:55 UTC 2007

[Audrey writes]
> he has is no recourse other than to suspend or  remove volunteers
[snip]
> He can't threaten to take away their benefits, they don't
> get any.

That's not correct -- volunteers can receive very substantial
benefits, including free housing and pension.  Some firehouses provide
health insurance; I assume RVFD does as well.  I think there may be
meals provided.

There are also different levels of status within the firehouse that
determine the privileges and benefits available.  So someone can be
demoted.

Vince is a heck of a nice guy, and I know he is soliciting comments.
But he isn't answering questions, and I think that's a problem.