[RP TownTalk] Arts Council could use some help making pinatas: Saturday @ 11 a.m., Monday at 7:30 p.m.

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 03:28:25 UTC 2008

I'm writing for Michelle who's making pinatas with a couple of volunteers as
I type... One of the children's activities scheduled for the May 4th
ArtsFest is 'creative pinatas' -- We're making a lot of pinatas which will
be in different stages of production (since it takes time for each layer to
dry, you can't make them start-to-finish all in one day), so the kids will
have experience in how to make a pinata AND they'll be able to leave with a
finished product.

But this means we need a ton of them (50 is the target), and we could really
use a few volunteers (the more the merrier -- up to 10 or so would be
wonderful!) to help on Saturday and Monday.  It'll be a bit messy but it's
good clean fun!  "No experience necessary!"  "On the job training provided!"
One person with good lungs to blow up balloons would be helpful as well
(large balloons serve as the mold around which the pinatas are made).

Pls email (dwightrholmes[at]gmail.com) or call (240..396..6831) if you can
come on either or both days, and/or with any questions...

With thanks in advance,

Dwight Holmes

--
1st Annual Riverdale Park ArtsFest