[RP TownTalk] Presentation by Maryland Dog Fed to Riverdale Pk PD

Robert Oppenheim Rob.Oppenheim at comcast.net
Mon Aug 4 17:38:19 UTC 2008

Wow, Adrianne and the Md Dog Federation are taking action to help
ward off unfortunate dog shootings...

"...The MDF will be presenting two animal catch poles, the kind used by
animal control, to Riverdale Park Police Chief Theresa Chambers tonight,
Monday, August 4th, at the monthly legislative meeting at Riverdale Park
town hall beginning at 8pm...."

Judy and I plan on showing up to give a standing ovation. Feel free to
join us.

The meeting starts at 8 pm Monday 8/4/08 in the RP Town Hall which is
at the east end of Queensbury Road, where it dead ends behind the Riverdale
Elementary School. 5008 Queensbury Road, Riverdale Park, MD 20737

Judy emailed Adrianne about giving a donation to the MD Dog Federation
in support of this effort. Adrianne replied...

"A donation would be wonderful and can go directly to offset the cost of
these
catch poles or others in the future, should other police forces step
forward to
ask for them (our next step in our plan will be a letter to each police
force in the
county to see if there is interest).  I hope to follow their usage in
Riverdale Park
to document their effectiveness."

If you would like to donate, then make the check payable to Maryland Dog
Federation,
and send it to

Maryland Dog Federation
PO BOX 911