[RP TownTalk] New trash service and "old trash cans"

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 21:17:02 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

It seems that overall the first day of the new trash service went quite
well.  There was one block missed the first time around, but they went back
already and all is taken care of (I think).

A bit of clarification:

1) recycling of household waste (paper, plastics, etc) continues absolutely
as usual.  NO CHANGE OF ANY SORT.

2) The large green totes that were delivered on Saturday are to be used as
the standard trash cans.  They are designed to be mechanically lifted into
the trash trucks--this means less spilled trash and less chance of physical
injury to the employees.

3) Since we have the green totes, many of us will not need all our trash
cans now and want to be rid of them.  If you want to have the excess old
cans picked up, just mark it with a big "X" and put it out with the TRASH on
Monday or Thursday and Bates will pick them up and recycle them.

Vern

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 1:26 PM, Gerald King <Gerald at geraldking.com> wrote:

> I may have missed it, but what happens to the recycling containers?  I
> assume we are still recycling paper and cans  and can continue putting the
> container out at the same time as usual. Unless told differently, I will
> continue  putting recycling container out on Weds.
>
> Sarah Wayland wrote:
>
>   As you begin using the new green tote, many of us will have no use for our
> old cans.  Bates will pick them up if you mark them with a large "X"
> indicating you want them recycled.
>

> Or you could put them inside the new trashcan. An entire family could
> live inside one of those new trashcans!
>
> -Sarah

Vernon Archer, Mayor
Town of Riverdale Park, Maryland