[RP TownTalk] trash "cans"

Nina Faye ns_faye at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 5 18:40:37 UTC 2008

I totally agree with Lou and had the same ongoing argument in Hyattsville where I live.  Our toter lives next door (very good neighbors) because I can't get it down our driveway without damaging a car or moving two vehicles out of the drive.  What has happened in Hyattsville is that people leave the toters near the street because they are too large to drag around.  The residents who have alleys and have their toters there have been fussed at by Code Enforcement for the toters being too far in the alley.  Sometimes our guys use the hydraulic lifts and sometimes they don't.  We also have elderly residents who have a hard time moving them around.  Several of us have been tempted to do an "art" display of an elderly woman lying under a toter on the ground being crushed.  Toters strike me as one of those quality of life issues that have trampled the citizenry to "save" money.  If it makes me unhappy, causes me more work, and looks ugly all over town,
 Hyattsville can't convince me it is in my best interest to have toters.  Thanks for letting a neighbor to the east blow off steam.  Nina