[RP TownTalk] Monster Mash Race

Anne Blein-Zuk annelbv at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 28 03:22:34 UTC 2008

I will be taking a number of kids from our neighborhoods to attend this race and Health Festival. I hope to reciprocate this type of event in PG some day. If only we had mountain bike trails nearby...

In the meantime, please consider bringing your kids to this event. It's a tone of fun.

Anne Blein-Zuk
TFKPG.org

On October 11, 2008, Audrey Moore REC Center (in VA) will host the
Verizon Children’s Health Festival and Monster Mash Mountain Bike Race.  This
annual event will provide hands-on excitement for youth of all ages and
educational opportunities for the whole family.  Local and national experts on
physical fitness, nutrition, safety, environment and wellness will be providing
information, demonstrations and hands-on activities.  Activities include
Bicycle Skills, Kids Fun Run, Climbing Wall, under 8 Kids two, three ad and
four wheel Bike Race, Tumbling, Street Hockey, Science and Arts and Crafts.
Free Skate Park time from 12:30 –1:30. As well as, Basketball, Obstacle Course,
and Youth Fitness Circuit.  The Children’s Health Festival is Free to all.  The
Monster Mash junior and adult mountain bike races start at 8:30 and end at
1:30, register at www.active.com.   The children’s festival will begin at 9:30
with opening ceremonies.  The Under 8 two, three and four wheel bike races
start at 2:00 and the event is over at 2:30. More information is available at www.tfkmetrodc.org or you can contact
Julie Childers at 703-209-5721 or Julie at tfkmetrodc.org.  This event is a family
friendly fun way to spend a fall day.  Volunteers are needed for this event.

Monster Mash Blurb:

RACE
NORTHERN VIRGINIA’S MOST POPULAR MTB TRAIL! Mash your gears at this Monster of
a mountain bike race. Your blood will be pumping as you enjoy the fast, fun,
twisty single track of Wakefield Park. There are races for every age and
ability including youth races. Awards will be given to the top finishers in
each race. All proceeds from the Monster Mash MTB Race benefit Trips for Kids
Metro DC, a non-profit 501c(3) children's health organization that helps
disadvantaged youth in theMetropolitan DC area.The race is sponsored by The
Bike Lane as part of the Verizon Children's Health Festival. For more
information visit www.tfkmetrodc.org

Executive Director

703-209-5721

www.tfkmetrodc.org

Teaching Kids to Overcome Obstacles on the Trail and in Life!

CFC #74401

SAVE THE DATE: VERIZON CHILDREN'S HEALTH FESTIVAL IS October 11, 2008!

Featured on NBC4 News segment "What's Working" July 2007. Featured in
the Washington Post Newspaper Health Section in October 2007.

Honored with the 2006 U.S. EPA Children's Health Recognition Award.

Recognized in 2005 as one of "the best small charities in Greater
Washington" by the Catalogue for Philanthropy.