[RP TownTalk] does this seem democratic?

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 15:38:28 UTC 2008

'It's only 2 cents if they count the money right.' ;-)

Couldn't agree more, Sarah. But imagine if they had 'super electors'.
20% of the state's electors were somehow chosen from on high and could
vote any way they wished.

I guess too i'm thinking maybe there's a chance in hell we could bring
about change in how the parties choose their candidates -- Dems did in
''72 and again afterwards, so no reason it couldn't be changed again.

As for the Electoral College, at least Maryland is in the lead on an
end run: the so-called National Popular Vote initiative. MD and NJ
already have signed into law that -- once an electoral college
majority of states have joined in -- the states electoral votes will
automatically go to the winner of the national popular vote.  A
handful of other state legislatures have passed or are expected to
pass it this session.

--
Riverdale Park Community Wiki
http://rpwiki.wetpaint.com/