[RP TownTalk] Opposing New Liquor Store on Kennilworth Avenue

Bruce Wernek bruce.wernek at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 10 21:39:59 UTC 2008

All

I've been reading quite a bit recently about the opposition to this liquor
license.  Many of us talk about business development, but we don't do
anything to encourage it.  Working cooperatively with the businesses in our
Town to achieve common goals is what business development is all about, not
viceral opposition to something we find unfavorable.  This could be an
opportunity to get something from the business owner in exchange for the
liquor license.  Perhaps bearing the financial burden of cleaning up the
trash in the area or some other activity which benefits the community.
Another liquor license is not going to have any negative effect given the
numerous liquor stores in the immediate area.

Opposition gets you the likes of Jeys Auto at the corner of Madison and Rt 1
and a bad rap in the business community.  If any of you haven't seen Jeys
Auto, I strongly encourage you to take 5 minutes of your time and check it
out before you oppose anything.

Bruce