[RP TownTalk] February RP 4-H Club this Thursday!

Arletta Gustafson arlettag at comcast.net
Wed Feb 13 05:30:59 UTC 2008

Good evening!

I trust you are all safely ensconced in your warm abodes with your "I Voted"
sticker on.

It's time to have another 4-H meeting.  Like usual, it will be this Thursday
(Valentine's Day) at 6:30 PM in the Edmonston Rec Center.  It was pointed
out to me that it is on Tanglewood between Riverdale Rd and Decatur (Thanks
Ann!)

*	This month's meeting will be a bit of a planning session.  Please
come prepared with all the things the kids (and adults) want to learn this
year.  I'd like to work out a schedule for the topics of the meetings.
*	I'd also like to hear some ideas for field trips.  I believe one
member mentioned that he wanted to learn about dinosaurs.  Perhaps we could
take a trip to the Museum of Natural History?
*	Another thing to think about would be community service projects.
I'd love for the kids to pick a project (or two) that they'd like accomplish
this year.  What are they interested in?  Helping seniors?  Helping animals
in some way?  Environment?  The options are endless.

Now, a reminder, please remember to bring your enrollment forms.

REMEMBER You do not have to live in RP to be a member.  You don't even have
to live in PG County.  All youth between 5 and 18 years of age are welcome.

Arletta
Join the Riverdale Park 4-H Club
http://rpwiki.wetpaint.com/page/Riverdale+Park+4-H