[RP TownTalk] Kenilworth Avenue Community Meeting This Saturday

Dannielle Glaros dmglaros at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 02:26:34 UTC 2008

You may have already received a card in the mail from Park and
Planning, but just in case.....

The Central Kenilworth Avenue Revitalization Study will be having a
community meeting from 9am-2pm on February 16th at Templeton
Elementary school at 6001 Carters Lane (Carters Lane is right of off
Kenilworth Avenue).  The event is being coordinated by the
Neighborhood Design Center and Prince George's County Planning
Department.

I know this is a busy weekend and 5 hours is a lot to ask, but the
FUTURE of this corridor is critical to our community.  It is one of
several gateways into our town.  Breakfast and lunch will be
provided.  And, if you can't make it for the entire time, it is best
to come from 9am-12pm.

The event will start with an update from the various small focus
groups that the planning department has been conducting.  For
instance, just this week the planners met with the managers of the
apartments near the corridor and a few weeks back they met with
several of the property owners on the corridor.  Then, the community
will have a chance to prioritize the key items that should be tackled
on the corridor.

As you may remember, the goal is to develop an action plan with
specific steps as well as identified funding to move forward the
revitalization of the corridor.

I really hope that many of you will join us.  If you have any
questions, please contact me at work dmglaros at co.pg.md.us or
Dineene.oconnor at ppd.mncppc.org (Dineene is the planner on the project).

Dannielle
4800 Sheridan St