[RP TownTalk] New Korean Restaurant

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 15:06:49 UTC 2008

Many thanks to Bruce, Regina and Andrew for the heads up.  Michelle and I
went to the Kenilworth Ave Yi Jo last night and had an absolutely wonderful
meal.

I see Jim C. has added a review on the Wiki; I just chimed in with my $.02.
Don't forget to add your own reviews of area restaurants and other hangouts
on the Wiki -- for the benefit of others.
http://rpwiki.wetpaint.com/page/Where+to+dine+%26+drink

A few oddities noted last night at the Yi Jo --

as Bruce mentioned, their exterior sign is entirely in Korean.

There are two entry doors -- one is under the neon sign for "Sports Bar"

The theme is decidedly southwest stucco -- i guess it fits with the stucco
houses around Queensbury and 42nd or 43rd, but didn't conjure up any images
of Seoul (or Pyongyang). ;-)

The printed out credit card receipt says at the top: ALAMO RESTAURANT.

American Idol was being shown on at least 3 big screen tvs -- kind of like
having dinner with Paula Abdul.

We were the only customers there -- and the place is huge. The staff were
extremely friendly and more importantly helpful. They basically ordered for
us and we were 100% satisfied.

--
Riverdale Park Community Wiki
http://rpwiki.wetpaint.com/