[RP TownTalk] Kenilworth Liquor Store Application Has Been Withdrawn

Marilyn Schoppet marilyn_schoppet at verizon.net
Fri Feb 29 20:46:13 UTC 2008

Yeah!

----- Original Message ----
From: Vernon Archer <varcher at gmail.com>
To: TownTalk <TownTalk at riverdale-park.org>; "riverdaleparkmd at comcast.net" <riverdaleparkmd at comcast.net>; Alice Bishop <ambishop at umd.edu>; "Olson, Eric" <eolson at co.pg.md.us>
Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 11:12:11 AM
Subject: [RP TownTalk] Kenilworth Liquor Store Application Has Been Withdrawn

Friends and Neighbors,

I am happy to announce that both the property owner where the new liquor store "Uno" was planning to lease, and the applicant himself have reported that the proposal has been withdrawn. WE WON! and by WE I mean everyone who has come together to defeat this bad proposal. In particular Eric Olson and his staff, our towns' people who organized and contributed their time, the members and leaders of the Templeton Knolls and Riverdale Heights community associations, and a large number of folks from surrounding areas came together and carried the day.

As we celebrate we keep in mind that this will probably not be the last attempt to expand the liquor interest along Kenilworth, so we will certainly remain vigilant. However, it is my belief that word will get out that the community around Kenilworth Avenue has a vision for a bright future for this area and we are going to see more acceptable proposals come forward, and liquor interests will look elsewhere.

Best wishes,

Vern

--
Vernon Archer, Mayor