[RP TownTalk] coleman cylinders

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 16:53:20 UTC 2008

Well... The Md DOE document says to drain the remaining propane by
leaving the flame on til it goes out and then leaving the valve open
for an hour afterwards; and then removing the valve before recycling
the cylinder.

http://www.co.frederick.md.us/documents/Utilities%20&%20Solid%20Waste%20Management/Trash%20&%20Waste%20Management/Coleman%20Containers%20Fs%2012-05.pdf

I just got off my mental duff and called REI (where we buy the
cylinders); the less-than-exhilarating answer I got was that there's
no one in the area who recycles them, and that "most landfills" take
them "some of the time."

I'm copying our Acting Public Works Director, hoping for some direction!