[RP TownTalk] Town flowers

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 10 17:30:42 UTC 2008

When I walk to work, I admire the lovely wax begonias in the grassy triangle area at Sheridan street and Lafayette Avenue.  May I ask, when the weather turns cooler, does Public Works throw out these plants, recycle them as compost, or what?  If they do throw them away, would it be possible to "adopt" a couple of the plants whenever Public Works gets ready to discard them?  Wax begonias can be kept indoors over winter and I'd love to try and keep a few of them for my own flower bed next year.