[RP TownTalk] Wachovia and the Field of Rubble

Heather Blanchard heather.blanchard at mac.com
Wed Jul 16 01:40:19 UTC 2008

When exactly is the date  of the time out clause? What needs to happen?

This development is not the right kind of development for RP. If
Caputo is looking to building something, why can't we -- as a
community -- tell him what we want to see there? Why are we letting
developers just offer up development that isn't right for the area?
ESPECIALLY, since that piece of property is one of the most valuable
and visible that this town has.

If there is any redress on this development, it would be great to
know. Maybe we need to rethink how a development like this can get
through the council with a, "well...okay..."

Just think about Hyattsville - they stuck to their guns and are
experiencing PLANNED, gradual, steady and hopefully sustainable
development. There might be lesson's learned from our sister
communities as we go down the road of development.

Heather