[RP TownTalk] TownTalk Digest, Little Giant, Treating our Public Servants, Wachovia, et al

Novicky, Marita MNovicky at som.umaryland.edu
Wed Jul 16 15:21:21 UTC 2008

Dear Riverdale Park residents: whew!  You all said a lot!  I loved COC's
diatribe re the Town, MUTC, and everything else:-)

As to:

*                     Little Giant (LG)-didn't go often but remember
taking Stella Latinski-an old-time neighbor from Somerset Road-there for
lunch.  This was before Stella abruptly moved from her home; does anyone
know where Stella moved to?  LG was great and it's sad that they are
gone!

*                     Public Servants and Treats-It was me Nancy that
suggested Labor Day and I'm good for something; fruit, cookies, drinks
(lemonade, ice tea, etc.), whatever-please count me in.

*                     Wachovia-Todd count me in on planting whatever if
we are permitted to plant.  COC and his RP circa ~1995 reminds me of a
story I once heard about a woman that died on the Eastern Shore when she
was 90 years old.  The local newspaper's obituary stated the woman was a
"newcomer" to the Shore even though the woman had moved there when she
was in her 50s!

I (RP circa ~ 2000) enjoy all your discussion, and cannot help but
wonder as most of us do, what it will take to see Town Center and our
gateway (Rt. 1 and 410) areas portraying an active, vibrant, and health
community.

Marita