[RP TownTalk] Wachovia and the Field of Rubble

OurDollMom at aol.com OurDollMom at aol.com
Thu Jul 17 12:12:26 UTC 2008

Yeah - Gerald King - you said it so well.  I agree
wholeheartedly - and I think if this idea was done
a long time ago ----------------
we would have been finished a long time ago
without all the agony & crap we have gone thru.
And our town would still have all the charm &
appeal that brought so many of us to THIS town
and we don't want to lose it.

If Hyattsville can have all that charm & appeal
in new development that fits right in with their
historic nature -THEN WHY CANT RIVERDALE??

We have MORE HISTORY - DARN GOOD HISTORY -
than Hyattsville has, than Montpelier has or any other
historic home in this area -----and OUR MANSION
DESERVES A HISTORIC DISTRICT THAT DOES IT
PROUD.  Our Mansion is a VERY important Historical
Mansion.

Every resident & new comer to this town should know
the details of the history of the town as well as the
mansion to promote education & pride in Riverdale.

And if you ask any resident to give a talk on why
our town/mansion is SOOOO great - they will look at
you and say Whhhaaaatttt?????? Duh!!!!!!

Outside the Historic District, meaning Kenilworth Ave
can design whatever they want that fits that community

BUT OUR HISTORIC DISTRICT should not only reflect
OUR appreciation of our Mansion but should COMPLEMENT
our mansion and show our utmost RESPECT for its
surroundings & our PRIDE IN OUR HISTORY..

If WE cannot show pride & respect for our Mansion
& Historic District - who else will ??-- moving into this
town or even driving by our town.  Mt. Vernon, Lee
Mansion, etc survives throughout the ages BECAUSE
ITS RESIDENTS/CITIZENS FIGHT FOR THAT
atmosphere, architecture, love of its great history
and want to SHARE  it with everybody and  SHOUT
IT FROM THE HIGHEST HILLSIDE.

COME ON PEOPLE, LEARN WHY WE ARE SO
PRIVILEGED AND SHOUT IT FROM THE HIGHEST
HILLTOP - HOLD YOUR GUNS TO MAKE THE
ATMOSPHERE/ ARCHITECTURE/ TRIMMINGS IN
THIS MANSION/HISTORIC DISTRICT WORTH A
sightseeing public visit and/or new resident proud to
be here.

Thanks for letting me stand on my soap box.

Emily

In a message dated 7/16/2008 8:38:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,