[RP TownTalk] RP Wiki nominated for top honors

Robert Oppenheim Rob.Oppenheim at comcast.net
Sat Jul 19 03:20:55 UTC 2008

Did you see this in the Gazette?

      Local Web Sites Up For Awards

The Hyattsville and Riverdale Park wiki-web sites were chosen out of
more than 1 million such sites to win the best local site award in the
first
annual Golden Paint Can Award competition. [To be more precise, the
RP wiki won a spot in the top 5 - with the ultimate winner still to be
decided by popular vote.]

The competition recognizes wikis in 15 categories and is conducted
by Wetpaint.com, which hosts the wiki sites. There are three other
wikis nominated in the "Local Motion" category, in addition to the
Hyattsville and Riverdale Park sites. Those local sites are based in
communities in Scotland, India, and Dallas, Texas.

(above is by Elahe Izadi, page A-3, Jul 17, 2008 Gazette)

Wetpaint.com writes:

      Welcome to the first annual
      Wetpaint Golden Paint Can Awards!

We searched the Wetpaint network high and low to round up the cream of
the wiki crop in 15 categories! With *over 1,000,000 sites *to choose from,
this was no easy task, so we used a combination of *site data*, *community
member nominations*, and *Wetpaint employee input* to narrow down
the list. Voting ends on July 23/*.
*/
(above from http://goldenpaintcanawards.wetpaint.com ).

      How To Vote

To view our competing sites and to vote (hopefully for the RP Wiki) go to
*http://goldenpaintcanawards.wetpaint.com/page/Local+Motion *
(or go to www.rpmd.us and you will find a link there to the above).

It's a great honor to be nominated. Way to go Dwight and all the
contributors to the RP wiki! Dwight Holmes started the RP wiki a
year ago (July 9, 2007) and has written a ton of the site himself.

A wiki is a web site that everyone can contribute to. Its easy too.
Check it out - it has lots of good info on Riverdale Park and  you
are welcome to add your 2 cents too!

The RP wiki is located at
http://rpwiki.wetpaint.com/
(An alternate address for the wiki is www.rpmd.us ).