[RP TownTalk] Burned down house...All gone!

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 15:18:59 UTC 2008

Marilyn and all,

Glad this is finally taken care of.  Now we will try to get the Shis to move
forward with redeveloping that block.

Just an FYI for those interested in developing/redeveloping areas around
town. It took 3 months to get the County permit to tear down the property.
There was not one single person/agency arguing against it, or in any way
trying to stop it. I made it a top priority and utilized a lot of town staff
time to push it along--much more than we can afford to do with every project
that comes along. Its just that this was so atrociously ugly, that it had to
be dealt with at all costs.

Further, the fire department had declared the building a "do not enter"
structure BEFORE the most recent fire!

Once the county issued there permits, the town issued its permit on the same
business day.

I tell you this not just for info about this one project, but to hopefully
help others understand how difficult it is to get permits through the county
bureaucracy.  If it takes 3 months in a situation like this, imagine how
difficult it often is to do permit a full blown building project!

Best wishes,

Vern

--
Vernon Archer, Mayor