[RP TownTalk] Wachovia and the Field of Rubble

Roland Walker walker at pobox.com
Tue Jul 22 15:47:42 UTC 2008

I think it is worse than expected

   http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080722/earns_wachovia.html?.v=19

10,000 current and prospective positions eliminated.

As to Caputo's assurances that the deal is on -- fine, fine.  But I've
been hearing that for many years.

Two years ago he promised to put up a sign showing a drawing of the
development and a "Future home of Wachovia Bank, Potomac Development".
 He gave a deadline for this sign, which is long since passed.  I can
find the tape of the Town Council meeting at which he used the word
"promise".

If the Wachovia development is the real deal, why isn't there a sign
up like every other such development?  How hard is that?