[RP TownTalk] 5. Route 1 (Kate Kelly)

marc stauffer marc.stauffer at verizon.net
Wed Jul 23 12:30:09 UTC 2008

Thanks for putting together your note Kate.
  I agree with your read of the Chad' s presentation at the meeting
on Monday evening.  And, like you, I don't understand how the process
can move forward without input from the town's effected, especially
given that including the Caftritz property constitutes a large part
of Riverdale Park.  Chad acknowledged that the 38+/- acres of the
Cafritz property is the largest undeveloped tract inside the beltway
in the county, he used that fact as part of the rationale for
beginning his study of extending the sector plan parts, but then
leaves any public notice of the plan in Riverdale Park off the
table.  I don't understand it either.  Maybe it is just an exercise,
Danielle Glaros mentioned that her understanding is that College Park
does not want an extension of the plan. So maybe Chad's project isn't
going to go anywhere; but then he mentioned that they had hired
consultants and such to move the process into the "formal" stages.
I'm kind of confused about what is going on as well. Thanks for
bringing it up to the town.
Best,
Marc

marc stauffer