[RP TownTalk] Use and abuse of Anacostia River Park - where is the line?

Old Coot lking at knob.com
Mon Jun 2 15:27:16 UTC 2008

Dwight,
I want to thank you for giving me an opportunity to dust off my pet
peeve. = (OK *one* of my pet peeves.)

Bikers who demand that they be given right to and right-of-way on the
public roads and then:
1) weave through traffic,
2) look both ways then run red light,
3) don't stop at stop signs,
4) switch from the roadway to the sidewalk and back playing the 'now I
am a vehicle "give me my lane", NOW I am in the crosswalk "yield to ME"'
game.
5) Speed down residential streets
6) wear spandex.

I do want to thank *you* for sparing me #6. I just can't get my mind
around the that.

I am sorry that 500 + people's reveling in a lovely day and camaraderie,
constrained your enjoyment of an otherwise nice day to ride a bike.
Stop ringing your bell and enjoy life.

COT