[RP TownTalk] Fwd: Help get recycling in Prince Georges County Public Schools

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 19:14:35 UTC 2008

I don't believe this was ever forwarded to TownTalk - forgive me if
i'm wrong in that.  This petition to improve recycling efforts in PG
County schools was started by students at Northwestern High. There are
only 168 signatures as of now -- would be great to get a lot more!

URL for signing and reading the petition:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/pgcps/index.html

The petition reads:

Prince George's Public Schools produce tons of trash in a single week,
most of which is disposed in a regular landfill. We would like our
trash to be disposed in a single stream recycling facility.

Our school system does not have a clear goal for waste reduction. We
would like our administrators to establish a yearly goal for waste
reduction and a uniform recycling system. At every school, staff and
students will be able to decide how these goals will be attained. In
addition, our schools will give preference to purchase recycled
supplies.