[RP TownTalk] Question

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 16:46:57 UTC 2008

"Coot," you're 100 percent correct.  I think the idea of decorated cans is nice, but if people can't see ANY trash can and think "gee, I have a fast food container I don't want, maybe I should dispose of it properly," I don't know if they'll do any better with decorated cans. Of course, then you get the other extreme, people who put their large garbage bags in or on the public trash cans around town instead of putting them out at home for trash pickup. Same thing with the pet poo cans; I'd think that any responsible pet owner would clean up after their dog, but the sad fact is, there's lots of people who just don't care.  (Until they step in something, and then it's always "somebody elses' blankety-blank mutt.")  Of course, it never hurts to TRY to make things better, does it?  Maybe even have various school groups/businesses/etc in town decorate cans with "themes," along the lines of all of those statues of turtles, pandas, bluebirds, etc., that we've
 seen?   Might be fun!?