[RP TownTalk] tree removal

Sarah Michailof minnesarah at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 19 15:44:55 UTC 2008

The tree removal was probably only a few months...not that I necessarily know how long the tree was on the "official" public works list of trees to be removed - it was a few months after we asked that the town remove it. The painful part was 3.5 years to get the stump completely removed and the ground prepped for replanting...it was a massive silver maple; the contractor only removed about 1/3 of the stump at a time. Alice has been very responsive - I noted that the whole area needed to be regraded before a new tree could be planted, and a few days later that was done. We still don't have a new tree - but it's the wrong time for planting one. Hopefully this fall.....

Anyways - I'm glad to hear Public Works has been doing such a good job! We haven't had a lot of tree limbs down in our neck of Riverdale Park, so I hadn't necessarily noticed.

Sarah Michailof