[RP TownTalk] Saving on your grocery bills - remember LaGrande Market!

Bill Carr WCarr at Greenheron.net
Sun Jun 22 03:59:22 UTC 2008

Sue Collins wrote:
> With groceries so expensive, I'm sure all of you are doing the same thing I am, trying to save money.  Just a reminder, we have a good market nearby; LaGrande Supermarket, at Riverdale Plaza. While a lot of their staples (sugar, tea, cooking oil, etc) are fairly close to prices in the chain stores, much of their seafood, meat, and produce is cheaper.  An example; two 1-lb. bags of carrots for $1, as opposed to around $1.35 at Shoppers.  $1.99 for a bunch of celery, as opposed to $2.48 at Shoppers. Last week I picked up a good-sized whole chicken for around $3.00. Like every other store, their prices have gone up over the past few months due to gas price increases and bad weather, but I'm still finding a lot of bargains on perishables.  And for those of you who like to do your own Asian-style cooking, they have also have a small selection of Asian veggies, as well as kimchi, frozen dumplings, sauces, etc.

Also, any pepper you can imagine and all the limes you could even think
of hoping for in a superbly varied produce dept. Background music alone
is worth the trip. A great place