[RP TownTalk] House Fire at 5015 Riverdale RD

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 22:16:02 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

The house apparently caught fire in the wee hours of this morning, and the
fire was not completely out until mid day. There were no injuries.  I expect
it will be declared structurally unfit within a day or two and hopefully the
investigation will be completed by the end of the week--I can't comment
further.

Town staff is working aggressively in coordination with county officials to
make sure this place will be torn down and the lot cleared absolutely as
soon as possible.  The Charles and Vivian Shi own the property and have made
plane on numerous occasions that they plan on removing the structure and
want to  redevelop the site in tandem with the Alamo Plaza. Therefore I
cannot conceive of any justification for not quickly removing the burnout.

Best wishes,

Vern

--
Vernon Archer, Mayor