[RP TownTalk] Green question

Arletta Gustafson arlettag at comcast.net
Mon Mar 24 22:53:38 UTC 2008

Now that I am going to have a backyard to do all of my "tree huggin' hippie"
stuff, I was wondering if there were any regulations regarding compost bins
in town.  I've heard of places having some rules due to scavenging.  I have
read our town code (geez it's long!).

My second question is, if allowed, does anyone know of a good place to get
the bins?  In my former life as a west coast dweller, many of our cities and
counties sold them to residents at a bargain price.  We were limited to a
specific number but I went back every year and ended up with about 5 in my
yard.  It was great!

Thanks for any help!

Arletta
Join the Riverdale Park 4-H Club