[RP TownTalk] comcast?

Nancy Augustine nya_md at verizon.net
Fri May 9 18:31:26 UTC 2008

Neighbors -
Okay, so I'm one of THOSE people. I don't have cable. It's not a political statement, I'm just cheap and have been too busy to watch much tv.

Nonetheless, I'm thinking about getting cable. I just looked at the Comcast website to get an idea of their packages, and I was horrified to see just how out of touch with technology I've become. I get it that I need HD, but do I need this dvd-r to be able to record stuff?  Whatever happened to tivo? What is digital voice, and why would I bother?  What's up with all of these comcast special offer websites?

I realize I'm asking a lot, but I'm hoping that there are some real entertainment techno geeks out there who would love the opportunity to enlighten me and others.

Nancy