[RP TownTalk] Citizen Complaint of Riverdale Police Animal Abuse

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Tue May 13 10:57:28 UTC 2008

Ms. Willis,

I wish to thank you for providing us with your perspective on this
incident.  In the State of Maryland, the process of investigations of
specific conduct by police officers is laid out in the Police Officers Bill
of Rights.  The first step is to file a written complaint with the agency in
question.  I suggest that the person to contact is Police Chief Teresa
Chambers and make arrangements with her to file the complaint.

Based on an official complaint, an investigation of the incident will
ensue.  This is most frequently carried out by Maryland State Police.

If you are unable to make satisfactory arrangement to file your complaint,
please contact me and I will personally make arrangements for you to do so.

Sincerely,

Vernon Archer, Mayor
Town of Riverdale Park

--