[RP TownTalk] purple line hearing info to pre-register to testify

Alice M. Bishop ambishop at umd.edu
Thu Nov 6 18:29:12 UTC 2008

Generator Microsoft Word 11 (filtered medium) Hi Vern,
Many thanks for the info. This is definitely an issue we do not want to neglect. I just signed up to speak at the New Carrollton hearing, I am #13 on the list.
Take care.

Alice

From: Vernon Archer [mailto:varcher at gmail.com]  Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 1:11 PM To: TownTalk; Alice Bishop; Marty Newman Subject: purple line hearing info to pre-register to testify

Dear friends and neighbors,

I just got word from David Moon with the Purple Line Campaign that there are still reserved speaker spots left for both the College Park and New Carrollton public hearings. Not to get competitive with Montgomery County but it is a concern that the Bethesda and Silver Spring hearings are already full and ours in Prince George's are not. This is particularlya concern because a substantial minority of the testimony in Bethesda will probably be down right ANTI-Purple Line altogether.

Therefore, if you are concerned about making sure that we get the Light Rail line through please come out and speak on behalf of building it. By registering in advance you can be assured of a place in line and won't have to spend a lot of time waiting to testify.

The number to call is 866-842-9283 College Park Nov. 19th - 5 spots left New Carrollton Nov. 15th - 19 spots left

Best wishes,

Vern