[RP TownTalk] purple line hearing info to pre-register to testify

Marty Newman martybill at verizon.net
Thu Nov 6 18:31:44 UTC 2008

Thank you Vern. I forwarded your message to our 60+ community member
email list.

Marty Newman, President

RRC Community Association

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at  1:11 PM, Vernon Archer wrote:

Dear friends and neighbors,

I just got word from David Moon with the Purple Line Campaign that there
are still reserved speaker spots left for both the College Park and New
Carrollton public hearings. Not to get competitive with Montgomery
County but it is a concern that the Bethesda and Silver Spring hearings
are already full and ours in Prince George's are not.  This is
particularly a concern because a substantial minority of the testimony
in Bethesda will probably be down right ANTI-Purple Line altogether.

Therefore, if you are concerned about making sure that we get the Light
Rail line through please come out and speak on behalf of building it. By
registering in advance you can be assured of a place in line and won't
have to spend a lot of time waiting to testify.

The number to call is 866-842-9283
College Park  Nov . 19th - 5 spots left
New Carrollton  Nov . 15th - 19 spots left

Best wishes,

Vern

Mayor, Town of Riverdale Park