[RP TownTalk] Central US 1 Corridor Charrette

Williams, Chad Chad.Williams at ppd.mncppc.org
Mon Nov 10 17:08:39 UTC 2008

Good morning,

   I am pleased to announce that we have finalized the place and times
for the major public meetings and outreach opportunities for our
upcoming Design and Development Charrette, to be held from December 5
through December 10, 2008. This series of meetings is crucial to the
development of the Central US 1 Corridor Sector Plan and Sectional Map
Amendment document, and we encourage everyone to participate. On behalf
of the project team, I look forward to seeing you at these meetings, and
working together to come up with realistic, implementable solutions to
the major issues along the US 1 Corridor in College Park.

   We will soon send notices and a save the date card to property owners
and major stakeholders. We also plan on using posters, articles, and
other outreach measures to get the word out. We would greatly appreciate
it if you could help us spread the word among your own organizations and
constituents. Additionally, the project website
(www.mncppc.org/cpd/Central_US1) is scheduled for an update this week,
and will feature the most up-to-date information on locations and times
as we get closer to the charrette.

   The locations and times of the major outreach opportunities are
below.

Thank you, and have a nice day,

Chad Williams

Project Manager, 301-952-3171

Major Public Sessions:

School of Architecture Auditorium

University of Maryland

College Park, MD 20742

Kick-off Presentation and Charrette Overview

Friday, December 5, 2008

6:30-8:00 p.m.

Paint Branch Elementary School

5101 Pierce Avenue

College Park, MD 20740

Hands-on Design Session

Saturday, December 6

8:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m.

Parks and Recreation Auditorium

6600 Kenilworth Avenue

Riverdale, MD 20737

Charrette Working Studio

Open House to View Work in Progress

Monday, December 8

5:30-7:00 p.m.

School of Architecture Auditorium

University of Maryland

College Park, MD 20742

Work in Progress Presentation and Wrap-Up

Wednesday, December 10

6:30-9:00 p.m.

Charrette Working Studio:

Parks and Recreation Auditorium

6600 Kenilworth Avenue

Riverdale, MD 20737

Open Design Studio Times (Parks and Recreation Auditorium):

Sunday, December 7, 1:00-5:00 p.m.

Monday, December 8 and Tuesday, December 9, 9:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.

Wednesday, December 10, 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.