[RP TownTalk] Veterans' Day Remembrance

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 11:33:34 UTC 2008

Audrey, you are so right, the Veterans' Day ceremony was lovely and moving, as it always is.  A big THANK YOU to Mayor Archer, the Town Council, the Police Department, Public Works, all who took care of the music, etc., and of course the biggest thanks to our servicemembers.

Like you, I was surprised that so few people showed up.  I realize that many people had to work yesterday but for those who didn't, it wouldn't take much time out of a busy schedule to say "thanks" to those who serve in our armed forces.  Whatever peoples' feelings on the war in Iraq or any war for that matter, these are our sons, daughters, fathers, mothers, grandparents, and so on, who've sacrificed their time and in many cases their lives for this country and we need to show them that we care.

Again, many thanks to all who participated in yesterdays' ceremony - your efforts are very much appreciated!