[RP TownTalk] Fwd: Small Business Workshop Sponsored by Councilman Olson This Thursday

Alan Thompson and Sarah Wayland twacks at his.com
Tue Nov 18 02:07:36 UTC 2008

 From Eric Olson's office:

---

Friends,

This Thursday, November 20th at the Park and Recreation Building at
6600 Kenilworth Avenue, I will be hosting a small business workshop
for District 3 residents from 6:30pm-9:00pm.  If you could please
share the latest details of this event with your neighbors, I would
greatly appreciate it.

6:30 p.m.         Networking

7:00 p.m.         Panel 1: Local Small Business Owners on Starting a
Business
Pavez Ahmed, owner of Stonefish Grill and Four Points by Sheraton
Tony Akaras, owner Plato’s Diner
Ric MacPherson, local entrepreneur

7:45 p.m.         Panel 2: Small Business Advisors Discuss Starting
Businesses
Calvin Brookington, Reid Community Development Corporation
Anthony Ruiz, Maryland Small Business Development Center

8:30 p.m.         Networking

Information from the following organizations will be available at the
event:
Maryland Small Business Development Center
Prince George’s County Economic Development Corporation
Prince George’s County Financial Services Corporation
Washington Area Community Investment Fund

Small, local businesses help strengthen our community because they
are run by residents who live in our neighborhood, and who have a
vested interest in Prince George’s County.  The profits from local
businesses largely stay within the community rather than going to a
corporate headquarters in another state.  This helps grow our local
economy and strengthens the fabric of our community.  If you are
interested in starting a small business or expanding an existing
business, I hope you will join us for this event.

Sincerely,

Eric C. Olson
Council Member District 3
301-952-3060