[RP TownTalk] Rancho Grande Bar and Grill on Route 1

Robert Oppenheim Rob.Oppenheim at comcast.net
Sun Nov 23 06:04:52 UTC 2008

On a recent walk, I stopped in to look around Rancho Grande.
The place looks very nice. Much more upscale than the former
Little Giant restaurant. They actually have table cloths and real
(not plastic) flat ware and glasses!

It is nice enough that I felt under dressed in my very casual walking
clothes. Although I doubt if they would mind.

They serve Salvadorean and Mexican Food, ranging from
$10 for Burrito platters,
$11 for Tacos/Enchiladas/Chimichangas,
$12-$17 for Fajitas, Seafood, and combo platters.

I have not yet eaten there. So I cannot comment on the food, but
judging by their attention to detail, I suspect it is very good.

They are now serving some beer and wine and are working on a full
liqueur license - Margarita's anyone? Our town council will decide to
support (or not) their liquor license upgrade Monday (11/24/08) at a
Special Legislative Meeting. I hope they support it - the place seems nice.

Hours are 11am-11pm all week, except Fri and Sat till 2am.
Their phone: 301-927-3500

6100 Baltimore Ave (where the Little Giant Restaurant was).
This may be their 2nd location. I think they also have a location
on University Blvd.

Rob