[RP TownTalk] 2 Riverdale firefighters injured in house fire

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 24 18:16:37 UTC 2008

Don't know if everyone was aware of it, but 2 of our firefighters from Company 7 were injured in a flashover fire on 57th Avenue last week.  Firefighter Cory Johnston received second degree burns to his right shoulder and Firefighter Anthony Blazek received second and third degree burns to his face, torso, and hands.  Updates on their condition are being posted on the fire dept. website, http://riverdalevfd.org.  You may also "get well wishes" at the website.  If any of you have gotten even a little burn you know how painful it is, so imagine what our two firefighters are going through.  I'm sure all of our thoughts are with them for a complete and speedy recovery.