[RP TownTalk] Master Peace Community Farm Harvest Festival

Vinnie Bevivino bevivino at umd.edu
Wed Oct 15 19:34:16 UTC 2008

Come on out to the Master Peace Community Farm on October 18th from 11
to 2 for our 2nd Annual Harvest Festival! Not only will there be fun
for the whole family like apple bobbing and pumpkin painting, but it
will be a great chance to see a wonderful agricultural project in the
beltway.

Located in Riverdale, MD, the farm is located next to William Wirt
Middle School and is used by the community to learn about growing
food, healthy eating, and cooking. We sell at the Riverdale Park
Farmers Market every Thursday. We aspire to be a model of
community-based urban agriculture, using organic and intensive growing
techniques. You'll see our new high tunnel and 1200 gallon water
cistern that collects water from our roof.

The farm is located at 6200 Sheridan Street, Riverdale, MD, next to
William Wirt Middle School. Please tell me if you need bike directions!

Hope to see you there,

Vinnie Bevivino and the farm staff