[RP TownTalk] More hurricane preparedness items

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 10 10:41:46 UTC 2008

Thankfully Hanna didn't do a whole lot of harm right around town (especially if you remember what Tropical Storm Isabel did, a few years ago).  The "hurricane preparedness list" was very good, and thanks for sharing it.  I'd only add a few items - plastic trash bags, so you can wrap up things like dirty diapers, cans and wrappers from food, etc.; also make sure you have enough food and supplies on hand for your pets!  One last thing - make sure your can opener is  manual or battery operated; We were without power for a few days after Isabel hit and I know several people who DID have can openers on hand, but they were electric.  It would also be nice, during and after storms or other severe weather, if you check on neighbors who live alone or are elderly or infirm, to make sure they're ok.  As they used to say on "Hill Street Blues,"  "Let's be careful out there!"