[RP TownTalk] F4 Buses

Don Lynch dlynch at garretroomstudios.com
Thu Apr 2 23:26:01 UTC 2009

My earlier suggestion of looping the route back up parallel streets has met
with some concerns.

I have examined the intersection at Rhode Island Ave and Queensbury and
conclude that a well trained bus driver can easily make that turn. My son
drove the largest shuttle-um bus through narrow College Park streets
without a problem.

Second, my idea would only mean buses use parallel streets in one direction
only, both for east and west routes, so I don't think it would impact
parking.

The other issue that nobody has brought up is how a train approaching a
road crossing is traveling at such a high rate of speed so as to not
obviously see a bus on the tracks and stop!

Failure to stop to avoid an accident is against the law on the road.

Are trains under a different set of safety standards?

Sorry for the shift in the thread.

Don