[RP TownTalk] RR crossing safety improvements

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 03:23:05 UTC 2009

It would be educational and entertaining to put up cameras to capture
timelapse pictures of MARC passengers and other pedestrians
negotiating the crossing of Queensbury Rd. My observation is that we
each have our individual strategy ;-)

Yes, Rob, and someone near and dear to me hurt herself on the sidewalk
on Lafayette between Queensbury and Riverdale, when the bricks were
coming loose and the pavement was buckling -- and there is no light to
speak of there.  Thanks to the powers-that-be that responded and got
the sidewalk fixed.  Getting the additional streetlights put in would
be a real plus.

While we're on the subject, the lights at the train station itself are
very dim.  Gives it kind of a nice 1880s ambience at night, but it's
not all that functional. Not sure if that falls in the town's or CSX's
purview.

--
“[I]f these factors are not related to the quality of education, why
are the richer districts willing to spend so much for them?”