[RP TownTalk] Spring is Here - What do You See?

OurDollMom at aol.com OurDollMom at aol.com
Tue Apr 7 14:12:35 UTC 2009

Life is not measured by the number of breaths
we take but the moments that take our breath away.

When I look at a patch of dandelions, I see a bunch
of weeds that are going to take over my garden -
My kids see flowers for Mom & blowing white stuff
that you can wish on.

When I look at an old drunk & he smiles at me
I see a smelly dirty person who probably wants
money & I look away -
My kids see someone smiling at them & they
smile back.

When I hear music I love, I know I can't carry a tune
& don't have rhythum so I sit & listen -
My kids feel the beat, move to it & if they do not know
the words, they make their own.

When I feel the wind on my face, I brace myself
against it, & feel it messing up my hair & pushing
against me -
My kids close their eyes, spread their arms & fly with
it until they fall to the ground laughing.

When I pray, I say thee & thou & grant me this, give
me that -
My kids say Hi God, thanks for my toys & my friends,
please keep the bad dreams away, sorry I don't want
to go to heaven yet, I would miss my Mom & Dad

When I see a mud puddle I step around it, I see muddy
shoes & dirty carpets -
My kids sit in it - see dams to build, rivers to cross &
worms to play with.

I wonder if we are given kids to teach OR to learn from?
No wonder God loves little kids.
Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look
back & realize they were the big things.

I wish you Bid Mud Puddles & Sunny Yellow Dandelions.

Em (from one of my friend's emails)