[RP TownTalk] F4 buses and todays' Washington Post "Dr Gridlock" column

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 9 16:36:48 UTC 2009

Thanks for the "heads up" about the column; I thought Mr. Churchill made an excellent point, about people using the F$ to get to the MARC station.  And he also mentioned that people have moved here in part because of the accessibility to public transportation; well, I don't drive, so that was a BIG factor in my moving here.  I must admit I don't quite agree with what he said about bus stops on 410 so that people could walk to the MARC station; having more pedestrian traffic on that busy, busy road could lead to more pedestrian accidents.  And as far as being able to walk from 410 to the MARC station, well, anyone who's used those steps on either side of the 410 bridge knows that they're a bit steep, esp. if people would be carrying their laptops, wearing high heels, etc.!  I was thinking of one other reason the buses should be kept in town - everyone's talking about the climate, going green, and so on; having convenient bus service IN town will possibly
 mean that at least some people will rely on the bus rather than their cars to go from town to their destinations.  If having buses in town means that even just a few cars stay parked, that's a good thing.

Sue Collins