[RP TownTalk] Mural Idealist

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 12:00:51 UTC 2009

Wonderful idea to include imagery from local native American tribes.

The local tribe I am most familiar with is the Piscataway. Apparently
they were closely allied with the Nacotchtank tribe who lived in what
is now Washington DC (and are a member of the Algonquin tribe).

I could find only one website that mentioned the Woodland Indians, and
must confess that I didn't know much about them until Melissa posted.

At any rate, most of the resources I could find on the web said that
the Piscataway did not leave much of a record of their art - it looks
to be mostly jewelry and costumes. Does anyone know where to find
imagery that would be appropriate?

----

I would like to see some images that pertain to more recent history as
well. Perhaps a picture of the train station and/or a train and
definitely an image of the Riversdale Mansion. Perhaps images from the
Town Seal would be appropriate?

-Sarah