[RP TownTalk] Mural Idealist

Cranky old Coot lking at knob.com
Wed Apr 22 16:03:04 UTC 2009

The problem with (public) art is that everyone has an opinion.

As an artist friend of mine repeated to me "There is no accounting for
taste."

Where were all these opinions two-three months ago when this idea was
presented to the Council? Reported in the Council meeting minutes?
Refined, discussed at follow-on public Council meetings?

Although, participation in the educational process is not required to
have an opinion, I don't hear anyone offering time, money.

I have often noted that those that don't have to do, "know" how those
that are doing should.

COC
I am the cranky old coot's keeper, and I approve this message.

Lou King